Saturday, July 26, 2008

Time Flies

Yeah, that's the White House. Pretty awesome.
Oh, my deck. Isn't the sunset beautiful?

So, I guess I should update you on my life. Let's go back two long weeks...

Tuesday, July 15th 2008 - After work, Cheryl and I go to a Stanford Alum happy hour, which was mostly a failure. Afterwards, we went back to my place, made some food, watched 50 First Dates (well, I watched, Cheryl fell asleep!), and made chocolate chip cookie bars!

Thursday - Went out to Indian food. Trop cher! Walked the 1.5 miles back from downtown to my house to make a vegan quiche.

Friday - After work I hung out at Jazz in the Sculpture Garden for a bit. Then I walked to Nicole's BBQ with my vegan quiche. I helped set up lights, ate foods, and was complimented on my baking feat (ask me for my "recipe").

Hmmm...it's Saturday, but what did I forget? Oh, yeah. I turned 22 on Wednesday! However, I didn't do anything special except watch Project Runway (which is not unusual).

I'm not going to even both with the weekend, since I didn't really do much. Although, I did go to Cold Stone with my own mug. The girl looked at me funny, and confirmed that this was the first time she ever experienced this. Made pretty good flax bread on Sunday.

This week was equally unexciting. I made slightly underbaked, but really yummy coconut bread on Tuesday. Wednesday, another hold-your-breath episode of project runway.

Thursday, I had the opportunity to go with a group of Stanford students to listen to Josh Bolten (Stanford Law School Alum), Bush's Chief of Staff. What a sad man. His life basically revolves around Bush and he really seems to believe that Bush has done a good job and has made admirable decisions. I just wanted to roll my eyes or burst out laughing the whole time. Then we got a tour, which was cool.

Yesterday, I met up with Ada at Jazz and then headed back to make a delightful meal - Eggplant and Zucchini dish, quinoa, lentils, and the rest of my bread. We watched the Jane Austen Book Club. I am in love with Grigg! He is a sci-fi/fantasy reader, who got interested in JA, and bikes places...Whoah. Currently, I am writing my blog entry, about to make a picnic dinner for my evening entertainment of Wolftrap's Broadway ROCKS!

I am watching the 11th Hour. OMG, so scary! Everyone should watch this...I think it's much scarier than An Inconvenient Truth. Oh Leo, you still look like a kid! Woah, Stephen Schneider (Stanford Prof.) just popped up on the documentary...so cool! Some lady is now talking about tropical deforestation and how those forests don't grow back well. It's so true, because on the nutrient-poor soils of tropical areas, all of the nutrients is caught up in vegetation. I'm going to start crying now...How can people just sit there and not DO anything? Are we blind????

Well, here's to hoping year 22 is better healthwise than year 21... And that oil prices continue going up (ask me for a graph), that a change of administration will start paying attention to the environment, and that the Olympics this year (2 weeks!) are not marred by China's notoriety (both in human rights violations and environmental degradation). Have you guys had enough?

-Until next time

I'm Reading: The Book Thief

No comments: